Why I am at MATC.

I choose to go to MATC for IT Networking because it was time for a change in my life. I have been doing photography and video for the past decade and although I love it, it is physically and emotionally draining and exhausting. It was time to start a new career and in my research I found that MATC had a very reparable program.

I have always loved computers and electronics in general and like my past career in photography and video I didn't want a desk job so the networking path seemed most appropriate for me. I want to work with my hands and build things so working with servers and intermediary devices seemed to fit.

I have no previous professional work experience in the IT field but like I said I have always loved computers and have been building them and playing with them for the past 15 years. My cousin and I built our first computers when we were in middle school. Back than it had a whopping Pentium 4 processor!!!

Like I stated earlier my career goals are to work with my hands so finding a job at a big company like North Western Mutual for example seems like a good fit at least for an entry position. They have an enormous infrastructure that spans our entire city here in Milwaukee. I am sure there would be some travel involved and huge server rooms to work with!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Square Enix and Bioware

The Psychology of Time

Switching from iOS to Android